Reading Country Club The Reading Country Club was chartered on June 6, 1922, as a not-for-profit corporation and consisted of 237 acres of land (two farms and four additional tracks) in Exeter Township. A 9-hole golf course was laid out by renowned architect, Alexander Findlay, and opened in 1923. Three years later, a second 9 holes opened for play. The present clubhouse was completed in 1931. Visit the website for more information about the Reading Country Club.