ABOUT THE WOMAN'S CLUB OF EXETER TOWNSHIP
Organized in 1949 as "The Woman's Club of Reiffton," the object of the organization is to develop the educational, civic and social interests of its members, and to advance the welfare of the community. The driving force behind the club was a group of women who wanted to establish a kindergarten in Reiffton. With generous support of the community at club fundraisers, the kindergarten was opened in 1951. It was managed and maintained by the club until the school district added kindergarten to its program.
As the community expanded, so did our membership, and in 1978 our name was changed to "The Woman's Club of Exeter Township." We are a member of GFWC-Berks County Federation of Women's Clubs.